[Ngo-lwg] Suggested date for the next LWG meeting in early December

Nguyen Thu Ha nguyenha at ic-vvaf.org
Wed Nov 21 15:22:14 +07 2018

Dear LWG members,

It has been a long time since the last meeting of the LWG members (August
2017). The main reason for this long interval was the expectation of
another forum for LWG to meet within Mine Action Partnership Group (MAPG).
While we understand it will take some time for the Government of Vietnam to
re-activate the operation of MAPG which has been stalled since July 2017,
Simon and I would like to call for a meeting of LWG.

Some suggested discussion points of the next LWG meeting include (i) update
on the newly approved mine action workplan period 2018-2020 of the National
Steering Committee on toxic chemicals and mine action (Committee 701) (ii)
update on the development of the Government Decree on management of mine
action and action plan for the development of the circular guiding the
implementation of the Decree (iii) Discuss the join coordination plan among
international stakeholders to support Vietnam mine action authority
(VNMAC)...

We are thinking of having the meeting to take place at *2pm on Friday 7
December 2018* in Hanoi.

We highly appreciate if you could get back to us whether this date and time
will work for you, by *Monday 26 November*. Location and tentative agenda
will be sent to you once we've confirmed the date.

We look forward to hearing from you.

With Best Regards

Thu Ha (IC) and Simon (MAG)
LWG co-chairs