[Ngo-sanrm] EMWG sharing on Positive Deviation Research "Ethnic Minority Development in Vietnam. What leads to Success" by Andrew Wells-Dang, 24th October 2012, 2:30p.-5p.m, NGO RC

Sustainable Agriculture and Natural Resources Management Working Group ngo-sanrm at ngocentre.org.vn
Fri Oct 19 04:00:41 BST 2012

Dear Hoa,

The report mentioned in your email is not found at the NGO-RC website. Could you post it again?

Thanks

Quang
RDSC
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Sustainable Agriculture and Natural Resources Management Working Group
  To: ngo-sanrm at ngocentre.org.vn ; watsan-wg at ngocentre.org.vn
  Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2012 3:33 PM
  Subject: [Ngo-sanrm] EMWG sharing on Positive Deviation Research "Ethnic Minority Development in Vietnam. What leads to Success" by Andrew Wells-Dang, 24th October 2012, 2:30p.-5p.m, NGO RC

  Dear Ethnic minority practitioners,
  The World Bank Poverty Assessment 2012 identifies and describes Vietnam's major challenges in the country's development in particular those co-existing in ethnic minority communities. In 2010, the population of ethnic minority only accounts for 14,5% of the whole country, however, they hold nearly half amount of the poor nationwide. With the poverty rate of 66,3%, it is five time higher than the Kinh's. Additionally, that getting access to land and public services is more limited in ethnic minorities; several government policies bring more benefits for the Kinh migrants than the local people. Obviously, overcoming poverty, inequality amongst ethnic minorities must be tightly concerned.

  The work on positive deviation adds a very important perspective by highlighting pathways out of poverty. Ethnic minorities are leading their own development. We need to break through the strong narrative of EM "lagging behind".

  The EMWG would like to welcome you to our sharing on Positive Deviation research by Andrew Wells-Dang on 24th October, 2012, from 2:30p.m-5p.m.
  The sharing will take place at meeting room, NGO Resource Centre, F1 building, La Thanh Hotel, 218 Doi Can, Hanoi.

  We would like to share with you the report and presentations for your reference before joining us! Kindly see the link below:

  http://www.ngocentre.org.vn/pub/emwg-sharing-positive-deviation-research-andrew-wells-dang-24th-october-2012-230pm-ngo-resource-

  A detailed agenda will be publicized shortly upon your confirmations

  It would be highly appreciated if you confirm your attendance by 22nd October, 2012

  Thank you so much!
  I look forward for your participation!

  Best regards
  Hoa Nguyen

--
Nguyen Thi Hoa (Mrs.)
Ethnic Minority Working Group Coordinator
Email: emwg at ngocentre.org.vn
Skype: cocohoa

  If you reply, please do not CC everyone on the list. Rather, send a separate message to the individual you are replying to.
  Address to post a new message: Ngo-sanrm at ngocentre.org.vn
  Avoid sending attachments, but if you must send them keep them small - 500 kilobyte maximum for each email.