[Ngo-sanrm] EMWG sharing on Positive Deviation Research "Ethnic Minority Development in Vietnam. What leads to Success" by Andrew Wells-Dang, 24th October 2012, 2:30p.-5p.m, NGO RC

Sustainable Agriculture and Natural Resources Management Working Group ngo-sanrm at ngocentre.org.vn
Wed Oct 17 15:33:04 ICT 2012

Dear Ethnic minority practitioners,

The World Bank Poverty Assessment 2012 identifies and describes
Vietnam's major challenges in the country's development in particular
those co-existing in ethnic minority communities. In 2010, the
population of ethnic minority only accounts for 14,5% of the whole
country, however, they hold nearly half amount of the poor nationwide.
With the poverty rate of 66,3%, it is five time higher than the Kinh's.
Additionally, that getting access to land and public services is more
limited in ethnic minorities; several government policies bring more
benefits for the Kinh migrants than the local people. Obviously,
overcoming poverty, inequality amongst ethnic minorities must be tightly
concerned.

The work on positive deviation adds a very important perspective by
highlighting pathways out of poverty. Ethnic minorities are leading
their own development. We need to break through the strong narrative of
EM "lagging behind".

The EMWG would like to *welcome* you to our sharing on *Positive
Deviation *research by *Andrew Wells-Dang* on *_24th October, 2012, from
2:30p.m-5p.m._*
The sharing will take place at*meeting room, NGO Resource Centre*, F1
building, La Thanh Hotel, 218 Doi Can, Hanoi.

We would like to share with you the report and presentations for your
reference before joining us! Kindly see the link below:

http://www.ngocentre.org.vn/pub/emwg-sharing-positive-deviation-research-andrew-wells-dang-24th-october-2012-230pm-ngo-resource-

A detailed agenda will be publicized shortly upon your confirmations

It would be highly appreciated if you confirm your attendance by *_22nd
October, 2012_*

Thank you so much!
I look forward for your participation!

Best regards
Hoa Nguyen

--
Nguyen Thi Hoa (Mrs.)
Ethnic Minority Working Group Coordinator
Email: emwg at ngocentre.org.vn
Skype: cocohoa