[Ngo-sanrm] Fw: Public Health concerns with AO GMOs in Viet Nam

Sustainable Agriculture and Natural Resources Management Working Group ngo-sanrm at ngocentre.org.vn
Tue Apr 9 03:30:28 BST 2013

Carol,

I'm sorry I did not see you during your most recent trip to Vietnam.  Your
observations about GMOs is correct:  there are concerns, but there seems to be a worrisome lack of control and monitoring over various "tests"
that are said to be underway and even wider use of GMO seeds than has been reported officially.

We will add your e-mail address to a couple of relevant lists through the
NGO Resource Center -- the Sustainable Agriculture and Natural Resources Management Working Group (SANRM) and a more specific sub-group on GMOs, and the Agent Orange Working Group (AOWG), both of which circulate
quite a lot of useful information.  You will be welcomed to add to the
store of knowledge and information.

Your 2011 CounterPunch article will also be of interest to those in the working groups who may not have been aware of it.

Good to hear from you, keep in touch.

CHUCK

CHUCK SEARCY
Project RENEW, International Advisor
Veterans for PeaceChapter 160, Vice President
25 Truong Han Sieu, #302, Hanoi, Vietnam
Mobile:    +84 (0) 903 420 769
Email:       chucksearcy at yahoo.com
Web:         landmines.org.vn
Web:         veteransforpeace.org / vfp-vn.ning.com
Skype:      chucksearcy