[Ngo-sanrm] The Transpacific Partnership (TPP) is being secretly negotiated by 12 countries,

Sustainable Agriculture and Natural Resources Management Working Group ngo-sanrm at ngocentre.org.vn
Wed Jul 17 09:11:19 BST 2013

July 15th, 2013By Mitch Jones

The Transpacific Partnership (TPP) is being secretly negotiated by 12 countries, including the United States, Canada, Mexico, Chile, Peru, Australia,
New Zealand, Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam, Japan and Brunei. The Trans
Atlantic Free Trade Agreement (TAFTA) includes the 27 nations of the
European Union. Both of these proposed trade agreements threaten U.S.
food safety rules, infringe upon public and private land with an
increased push for fracking, undermine efforts to develop local food
systems and increase the privatization of water systems.
While its supporters talk about them as “trade” deals, in reality the TPP and TAFTA would be a permanent power grab by corporations and their financers that would
make it impossible for future generations to choose what laws and rules
they want to live under. They would permanently enshrine the very
economic system that has lead to greater imbalances in income and wealth and increasing economic crises. These deals would also allow foreign
corporations to sue the federal, state and local governments over laws
and policies that violate the “trade” deal, but protect us from unsafe
food, dirty water and dangerous fracking. It’s outrageous!
How do we know that
these deals will give more power to corporations and leave our children, our air and water, and our food safety at greater risk? Because while
the American people aren’t being told what’s in the deal, and while
members of Congress are being shut out of the negotiations,
representatives from more than 600 corporations and corporate interestsare able not only to see the text of the agreement, but also are able to help influence what goes into it.
We need to stop these trade deals before they give even more power to corporations!
Read our new fact sheet: Don’t Fast Track Fracking and Unsafe Food
And tell your senator and representativesto oppose these corporate give-aways.

https://www.foodandwaterwatch.org/blogs/if-you-thought-what-alec-and-the-koch-brothers-are-doing-is-bad/

Chuck Palazzo
Agent Orange Action Group
http://aoag.org/