[Ngo-sanrm] A REMINDER: EMWG sharing on “Customary law in forest land allocation (case study in Lao Cai) and in conflict resolution” - 17th July, 2013 - @ NGO Resource Centre

Sustainable Agriculture and Natural Resources Management Working Group ngo-sanrm at ngocentre.org.vn
Wed Jul 10 09:32:14 BST 2013

Dear development practitioners,

This is a gentle REMINDER of *EMWG sharing on Customary law in forest
land allocation and conflict resolution*. I am re-sending you the
sharing invitation as attached. Again, the sharing will take place on
*17th July, 2013 @ NGO Resource Centre*. Kindly see full details in the
original email below.

It would be helpful if you can SHARE this information with your
colleagues/partners.

Please *confirm *your participation to me by the end of this Friday,
*12th July 2013.

*Thank you.
Best regards,

Hoa Nguyen

Customary laws hide important values, knowledge and practices.By virtue
oftheir dependence on forests, ethnic groups developed knowledge and
customs which allowedthem to survive and to live with nature in harmony
over centuries.

Using customary law in forest land allocation and conflict resolution in
forest management plays an extremely important role in securing the
group’s long term livelihoods and social stability.

In order to share specific cases in the column, the Ethnic Minorities
Working Group (EMWG) would like to invite you to the sharing on
*/“Customary law in forest land allocation (case study in Lao Cai) and
in conflict resolution”, presented by Social Policy Ecology Research
Institute (SPERI)./* The sharing will provide real examples of customary
practices in forest management and government reactions to these.

The sharing will take place from *9a.m-11a.m *on *17^th July, 2013* at
the meeting room of the *NGO Resource Centre*, F1 building, La Thanh
hotel, 218 Doi Can, Ba Dinh, Hanoi.

It will be done in Vietnamese. English translation will be provided upon
participants’ request. Kindly find the attached invitation for full
details.

For a well-organized meeting, please confirm your participation to EMWG
coordinator via her email: emwg at ngocentre.org.vn
<mailto:emwg at ngocentre.org.vn> or telephone: 04 3 8328570 by _12^th
July, 2013_.

We look forward to receiving your participation!

Thank you,

On behalf of EMWG

Hoa Nguyen

--
Nguyen Thi Hoa (Ms.)
Ethnic Minority Working Group Coordinator
Email: emwg at ngocentre.org.vn
Website: http://www.ngocentre.org.vn/emwg
Skype: cocohoa