[Ngo-sanrm] Trans-Pacific Partnership and Monsanto

Sustainable Agriculture and Natural Resources Management Working Group ngo-sanrm at ngocentre.org.vn
Tue Jun 25 03:14:28 BST 2013

Please pass the word to others about
the TPP as most people are unaware of this trade agreement or its ominous
effects if passed.

http://portside.org/2013-06-24/trans-pacific-partnership-and-monsanto

Something
is looming in the shadows that could help erode our basic rights and
contaminate our food.  The Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP) has the
potential to become the biggest regional Free Trade Agreement in history, both
in economic size and the ability to quietly add more countries in addition to
those originally included.  As of 2011 its 11 countries accounted for 30
percent of the world's agricultural exports.  Those countries are the US,
Australia, Brunei, Chile, Canada, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru, Singapore
and Viet Nam.  Recently, Japan has joined the negotiations.
Something
is looming in the shadows that could help erode our basic rights and
contaminate our food.  The Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP) has the
potential to become the biggest regional Free Trade Agreement in
history, both in economic size and the ability to quietly add more
countries in addition to those originally included.  As of 2011 its 11
countries accounted for 30 percent of the world's agricultural exports.  Those countries are the US, Australia, Brunei, Chile, Canada, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru, Singapore and Viet Nam.  Recently, Japan has joined the negotiations. - See more at:
http://portside.org/2013-06-24/trans-pacific-partnership-and-monsanto#sthash.InzDXhU5.dpuf

Chuck Palazzo
Agent Orange Action Group
http://aoag.org/