[Ngo-sanrm] Amazing opportunity for NGO professionals

Sustainable Agriculture and Natural Resources Management Working Group ngo-sanrm at ngocentre.org.vn
Tue Jun 25 22:09:31 ICT 2013

Dear NGO Sustainable Agriculture and Natural Resources,
Thank you for your continued support of Atlas Corps! Our application
is now open for our next class of the Atlas Corps Fellowship, and we
need your help spreading the word to outstanding nonprofit leaders
around the world. We are recruiting both nonprofit professionals from
overseas to come to the U.S., as well as Spanish speakers from around
the world (including the U.S.) to go to Colombia, for our fellowship
program that develops leaders, strengthens organizations, and
promotes innovation to address critical social issues. We have
supported 164 nonprofit leaders from 52 different countries through a
year of service and training. Here's what Atlas Corps Fellow Sher
Sherzodbek (Uzbekistan, Class 5) had to say about his experience
serving at the U.S. International Center on Disabilities:

"I highly recommend Atlas Service Corps! The Fellowship is one of the
best programs for mid-level non-profit professionals from all over
the world aimed at bringing young leaders from other countries to the
US to learn and share their knowledge and services. [. . .] I
strongly believe that this opportunity [. . .] helps to mobilize and
sensitize the young leaders so that they will be able fully take part
in solving their problems, create environments, through
collaboration, that build strong, healthy youth who are proactive in
a complex and changing world."

Can you help us engage and train other amazing leaders like Sher by
telling your friends and colleagues about Atlas Corps or posting our
call for applications on your website? We get most of our candidates
via word of mouth, either from social media or email forwards.

1) Can you please spread the word to candidates by emailing this
announcement to nonprofit leaders and other contacts that may be
interested?

Apply for a Paid, Overseas Fellowship with Atlas Corps
Priority Deadline: July 15, but applications accepted year-round

Atlas Corps seeks nonprofit leaders from around the world to apply
for Fellowships in the U.S. and Latin America. Atlas Corps engages
leaders committed to the nonprofit sector in 6-18 month, professional
fellowships at organizations to learn best practices, build
organizational capacity, and return home to create a network of
global leaders. Fellows serve full-time at Host Organizations such as
Ashoka, CARE, the Grameen Foundation, Habitat for Humanity,
International Centre for Missing and Exploited Children, Susan G.
Komen for the Cure, UNICEF, and the UN Foundation. In addition,
Fellows will supplement daily knowledge with theoretical topics
presented in the Atlas Corps Global Leadership Lab and networking
with leaders from around the world. This prestigious fellowship
includes a living stipend to cover basic expenses (food, local
transportation, and shared housing) and health insurance.
Applications are accepted year-round, but to be considered for the
January class, we encourage applications by July 15. For more details
about eligibility requirements and the application process, please
visit bit.ly/JoinAtlasCorps. We will also be holding an information
webinar for applicants on July 3 at 11 a.m. EDT; learn more here:
bit.ly/AtlasCorpsJuly3.

2) Can you share the announcement on your Facebook, Twitter, and
LinkedIn account? Here's some suggested text:

FACEBOOK: Atlas Corps seeks the world's best #nonprofit leaders (ages
23-35) for prestigious fellowship: bit.ly/JoinAtlasCorps. More info:
www.facebook.com/atlascorps.

TWITTER: Seeking the world's best rising nonprofit leaders to apply
for prestigious @atlascorps fellowship: bit.ly/JoinAtlasCorps

LINKEDIN: Global development professionals invited to apply for
prestigious Atlas Corps Fellowship: bit.ly/JoinAtlasCorps. Please RT

Thanks for your help, and we look forward to a great pool of
applicants!

Thanks,
Meredith Newmark
U.S. Program Manager
Atlas Corps

P.S. We are also excited to be launching some new special initiatives
to support nonprofit professionals from South Korea and South Sudan!
In addition, we are beginning an initiative for inter-faith dialogue,
as well as continuing the Atlas Corps-CIPE Think Tank LINKS
Fellowship for economic and political researchers for the second
year. You can read more about these special initiatives here:
bit.ly/JoinAtlasCorps. If you know nonprofit professionals working in
these areas, please tell them about this opportunity by forwarding
this announcement! Thanks for your support!

following link

http://cts.vresp.com/u?e37864b938/c88a53f02f/mlpftw

Click below to forward this email to a friend:
http://oi.vresp.com/f2af/v4/send_to_friend.html?ch=e37864b938&lid=1462638253&ldh=c88a53f02f

Atlas Service Corps sent this email free of charge using
VerticalResponse for Non-Profits. Non-Profits email free. You email
affordably.

Atlas Service Corps
1825 K Street NW Suite 218
Washington, District of Columbia 20006
US

Read the VerticalResponse marketing policy:
http://www.verticalresponse.com/content/pm_policy.html