[Ngo-sanrm] Another Independent Study Confirms Monsanto's Roundup Chemicals are Lethal, Even in Small Doses

Sustainable Agriculture and Natural Resources Management Working Group ngo-sanrm at ngocentre.org.vn
Mon Sep 22 11:44:17 BST 2014

In this article by Christina Sarich, did anyone notice this small fact
about glyphosate, the main chemical in Monsanto's Roundup weed killer?

*As many scientists have suspected, glyphosate does not reveal its true
toxicity alone - but works in tandem with the other chemicals in RoundUp so
that the levels of toxicity on human cells becomes catastrophic.   [Emphsis
added.]*

This may have major ethical and political implications, and should prompt
questions about the scientists working for Monsanto and their "duty of
care" - if current findings are examined in the context of Agent Orange
production in the 1960s.  In those early days, when Monsanto, Dow Chemical,
and other companies were trying to produce as much as of the chemical as
possible to maximize company profits, American citizens and U.S. soldiers
were assured that the product and the process were totally safe for humans.

It was quite late that we learned it was not so much Agent Orange itself,
but *dioxin*, a *by-product *of the manufacturing process, that was
identified *as the most toxic substance known to man.*

Are there not similarities in the findings of the research in this article
and our earlier experience with Agent Orange and dioxin?  The authors of
this study conclude that "it is the *adjuvants* [additives] in Roundup
working together with the glyphosate which really causes the problem."

The Roundup itself is bad enough.  These researchers found that Roundup "is
made stronger by the additional chemicals used in the RoundUp formula."  That's
a cause for worry.

If the U.S. government's regulatory agencies cannot be trusted to conduct
the safety research necessary to protect the American people - and if they
will not listen to independent scientists and researchers such as the
authors of this study - should we expect the Vietnamese government to do
any better?

*CHUCK SEARCYCo-Chair, Agent  Orange Working Group*

*M    +8 490 342 0769*

*E     chuckusvn at gmail.com <chuckusvn at gmail.com>*

*Sk   chucksearcy*