[Ngo-sanrm] Jury rules Monsanto liable in weed killer case, $289 million verdict

Sustainable Agriculture and Natural Resources Management Working Group ngo-sanrm at ngocentre.org.vn
Sat Aug 11 12:44:27 +07 2018

Advocates for justice and some scientists and medical researchers would
argue that there are not so many degrees of separation between Roundup and
Agent Orange.  But there is now a big difference in the outcomes of legal
remedies sought in U.S. courts.

So far cases brought on behalf of victims of Agent Orange have been
unsuccessful.
Whether this successful jury verdict related to Roundup and the
controversial toxin glyphosate reopens the possibility of further legal
action on behalf of Agent Orange victims, both U.S. veterans and Vietnamese
citizens, remains to be seen.  KGO-TV
<https://abc7news.com/society/verdict-reached-in-lawsuit-against-monsanto/3925454/>
Friday, August 10, 2018
Jury rules Monsanto liable in weed killer case
by Melanie Woodrow

SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) --
It was a landmark verdict in the case against Monsanto on Friday. A jury
awarded a former Benicia School District groundskeeper with terminal cancer
$289.2 million dollars.
[MORE]
<https://abc7news.com/society/verdict-reached-in-lawsuit-against-monsanto/3925454/>

*If you do not wish to receive such items as this, let me know and I will
take you off this list.*

*Nếu bạn không muốn nhận các bài viết như thế này, hãy cho tôi biết và tôi
sẽ đưa bạn ra khỏi danh sách này.*

*CHUCK SEARCY Hà Nội, Việt Nam VN Cell  +8 490 342 0769*

*US Cell  +1 404 740 0653 Email     chuckusvn at gmail.com
<chuckusvn at gmail.com>*