[Ngo-sanrm] Training in "Better Development: A Justice Approach" on 21-23 March in Ha Noi

Sustainable Agriculture and Natural Resources Management Working Group ngo-sanrm at ngocentre.org.vn
Wed Feb 7 14:03:37 +07 2018

Dear friends and colleagues,

I hope you are not too busy before Tet! We are pleased to return to Vietnam
after receiving many requests for the training called *Better Development:
A Justice Approach*. This 3 day workshop from 21-23 March in Ha Noi
<http://www.unitededge.net/events> is designed to develop critical thinking
and reflection for leadership and programming for humanitarian,
development, and social change professionals and organisations. The
training is already 50% full, so please sign up soon
<https://united-edge.typeform.com/to/I2deSI> if you want to come!

We are looking for passionate individuals and organisations, leaders and
potential leaders of social change, development, and humanitarian work to
join us for this intensive and inspiring training workshop. Together, we
will explore themes such as justice, power, rights and participation while
developing analysis of systems and alternative models for change, as well
as many practical skills. The training is especially for those who are
looking to improve their leadership and programming and is relevant for
every level of staff -- we'd love for you to join us!

In 2017, United Edge piloted a similar 2 day programme in 6 countries,
including Vietnam, with almost 300 participants from 130 different
organisations. After receiving a lot of requests, we've decided to update
and expand the training with 50% extra time and materials. We are planning
to support the work of up to 300 more people in 11 countries in SE Asia
through 12 training events. Click here
<https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/44cb68_6e61628d280640dfa11757168b24a7a2.pdf>to
see our *2017 Review* with a summary and feedback from participants.

>From 21-23 March, we will hold the training workshop in Hanoi, so please
reserve your space soon if you're interested! Click here
<http://www.unitededge.net/events> for more information and click here to
register <https://united-edge.typeform.com/to/I2deSI>.

You can also find the announcement on VUFO here
<http://www.ngocentre.org.vn/event/training-workshop-better-development-justice-based-approach>
.

*Title*

*Better Development: A Justice Based Approach *

*Topic*

Leadership for impact, innovation, programming and learning

*Content*

The training will challenge intentions and assumptions about methodology
and practice in the following areas:

·         Strategic Leadership

·         Programme Design

·         System Analysis

·         Privilege and Power

·         Rights Based Programing

·         Learning and M&E

·         Participatory Approaches

·         Ethics and Accountability

*Who?*

For leaders and potential leaders of social change, especially development
and humanitarian practitioners, as well anyone with passion and energy to
make a difference

*When?*

   -

   Phnom Penh, Cambodia: 28 February - 2 March, 2018
   -

   Vientiane, Laos: 5-7 March, 2018
   -

   *Hanoi, Vietnam: 21-23 March, 2018*
   -

   Yangon, Myanmar: 28-30 March, 2018
   -

   Dhaka, Bangladesh: 17-19 April, 2018
   -

   Jakarta, Indonesia: 24-26 April, 2018
   -

   Dili, Timor-Leste: 2-4 May, 2018
   -

   Manila, Philippines: 5-7 June, 2018
   -

   New Delhi, India: 20-22 June, 2018
   -

   Kathmandu, Nepal: 27-29 June, 2018

*Language?*

English

*Trainers?*

United Edge directors Matt Kletzing and Daniel Bevan (for more about us,
click here <https://www.unitededge.net/team>)

*How much?*

USD $450 for standard registration and $405 for group registration. Limited
financial assistance is available -- please let us know if you would like
to apply for this.

*How to reserve?*

For more information, visit www.unitededge.net/events

To reserve online visit us here <https://united-edge.typeform.com/to/I2deSI>
.

To reserve via email: info at unitededge.net

Please feel free to get in touch with any questions or comments. We're
looking forward to meeting you in Hanoi next month!

Wishing you a very happy Tet,

Matt

Matthew Kletzing

Director
*United Edge*

t +447745908105
m +841225171308
s mkletzing

www.unitededge.net

United Edge is the trading name for United Edge Services Ltd which is a
social enterprise registered in England and Wales as a limited company with
company number 10726517. Our registered address is 71-75 Shelton Street,
London, UK, WC2H 9JQ