[Ngo-sanrm] Calling for Abstracts: Hanoi Forum 2018 conference on Sustainable development goals and climate change response

Sustainable Agriculture and Natural Resources Management Working Group ngo-sanrm at ngocentre.org.vn
Tue Jun 19 11:55:53 +07 2018

Dear colleagues,

Vietnam National University, Hanoi (VNU) and Korea Foundation for Advanced Studies (KFAS) will co-host the Hanoi Forum 2018 conference from November 8 to November 10 , 2018 in Hanoi, Vietnam.

Hanoi Forum is an initiative of VNU to get governments and communities more involved, and aggressively pursue our ambitious sustainable development goals. For our inaugural event we choose to discuss the Goal 13 about Climate Action, thus title the Forum “Towards Sustainable Development: Climate Change Response for Sustainability and Security”.

We cordially invite you and your colleagues to participate and submit abstracts to Hanoi Forum 2018. We encourage submissions that approach this theme from a variety of perspectives, and submission of other topics for consideration is welcome. Abstracts can be submitted through the Forum website at: [ https://hanoiforum.vnu.edu.vn/ | https://hanoiforum.vnu.edu.vn ] .

The Forum will be devoted to discussing inclusive development, natural resource governance, and the politics, sociology, economics and science of climate change response. It includes five panel sessions:

1. “Climate change evidence and security”,

2. “Human impacts on climate change”,

3. “Climate change response”,

4. “Policy and governance for climate action”, and

5. “Science, technology and education for sustainability”; and two policy-driven events:

“ Sustainable development of Mekong D elta responding to climate change ”, and “Building resilient, safe and sustainable cities in Red River Delta”.

Abstract should be submited online on the forum’s website. You can find a step-by-step instruction here: [ https://hanoiforum.vnu.edu.vn/registration | https://hanoiforum.vnu.edu.vn/registration ] .

Deadline for abstracts submission: June 30 , 2018 . Authors of accepted papers will be invited to submit full papers by September 15 , 2018. Attached is the forum's announcement for your information. More details can be found at: [ https://hanoiforum.vnu.edu.vn/ | https://hanoiforum.vnu.edu.vn/ ] .

Please feel free to pass on the information to your colleagues who may be interested in this forum. Should you have any question, please write to us at: [ mailto:hanoiforum at vnu.edu.vn | hanoiforum at vnu.edu.vn ] .

Thank you for your time, and our apologies if the message is cross-posted.

Best regards,

Hanoi Forum Secretariat
R1006, Administration Building
Vietnam National University, Hanoi