[Ngo Climate Change] Partnership with 350.org for Global Power Shift

Hong 350.org hong at 350.org
Thu Dec 27 10:33:35 GMT 2012

Dear admin of NGO Resource Center,

Please help me post this to the NGO Climate Change group. Thank you.

Dear Sirs/Madams,

I am writing to reach out to the organizations working on climate change
and energy, about a new climate campaign led by 350.org, and to be more
exact, by young people across the world, called Global Power Shift (GPS)
http://globalpowershift.org/. GPS aims to spark a new phase of the climate
change movement by creating a global gathering of young climate activists
around the world. We seek to empower young climate leaders worldwide to
lead campaigns and mobilize in their home countries.
GPS consists of two phases:

   - Phase 1 is a fully-subsidized international conference of mostly young
   people in Istanbul, Turkey from June 10-17, 2013.
   - Phase 2 is the action phase, where youth leaders will organize
   national and regional summits to continue the movement forward.

In short, GPS is all about shifting energy globally to help to solve the
climate crisis. And now, through NGO RC, I would like to explore any
opportunity for your organization to be our partner for this great
campaign, either at the regional or national levels.
*
*
Even as we speak, the GPS team is contacting climate leaders and
organizations from across the world to empower the movement and support our
young leaders on a national level. And so, more specifically, we want to
invite you to join us specifically as a campaign partner and recruitment
partner.

As a recruitment partner, you can simply help us by spreading the word
about the Global Power Shift!

Get the word out about GPS to your team and networks, and get people
talking about it! This is a great opportunity to create momentum for the
global climate movement and building buzz helps make that happen. Some
ideas to do this include:

   - Send out an e-blast or newsletter that lets people know about GPS and
   encourage them to apply to the event in Turkey
   - Nominate your colleague(s) or any bright individuals from your working
   community to us, the ones who have been working on energy, climate change,
   etc, simply by applying on our GPS site
   http://apply.globalpowershift.org/ Of course, this does not exclude YOU
   :)
   - Like GPS on Facebook and tweet about GPS on Twitter!

As a campaign partner, your organization will be expected to work with us
in coordinating the Power Shift campaign in Vietnam, and/or in any other
countries where you operate.
* *A crucial emphasis of GPS is more action than talk. After the conference
in Turkey, we will work with campaign partners to launch a series of
national follow up events and mobilizations in 2013. Country after country
will organize summits to build on or launch national climate campaigns.
These summits will also empower participants from around the country to
return home equipped to lead local actions, leading towards global public
actions in 2014 and 2015.

As a campaign partner, you will work with GPS participants from our region
to organize national/regional summits, which may include: mobilizing local
support & resources, putting together a team, planning the programme,
designing the schedule, developing a campaign plan, and more.

Please let me know if you are interested in hearing more, and I will send
you another email about 350 work in the region, and maybe discuss how we
should proceed with our future discussions.
Attached please find a one-pager describing the Global Power Shift, please
feel free to pass it on to your network.

Thank you very much, and really look forward to hearing from you again.
Best regards,

Hong

--
Hong Hoang | 350.org Southeast Asia Co-Coordinator | hong at 350.org | (84)
903 403 686 | skype: hongwwf | www.350.org | http://globalpowershift.org |

*350.org is building a global grassroots movement to solve the climate
crisis.* Our online campaigns, grassroots organizing, and mass public
actions are led from the bottom up by thousands of volunteer organizers in
over 188 countries. You can join 350.org on Facebook by becoming a fan of
our page at facebook.com/350org   <http://facebook.com/350org>and follow us
on twitter by visiting twitter.com/350. If you are in Vietnam, you can
connect with thousands of 350 friends in the country by becoming a fan of
facebook.com/vietnam350. To join our list (maybe a friend forwarded you
this e-mail) visit www.350.org/signup. To support our work, donate securely
online at 350.org/donate.
*
What is 350? *350 is the number that leading scientists say is the safe
upper limit for carbon dioxide in our atmosphere. Scientists measure carbon
dioxide in "parts per million" (ppm), so 350ppm is the number humanity
needs to get below as soon as possible to avoid runaway climate change. To
get there, we need a different kind of PPM–a "people powered movement" that
is made of people like you in every corner of the planet.