[Ngo Climate Change] FW: Technical Sharing from FHI360

Nhat (Prev), Nguyen Dang nhat at fhi.org.vn
Tue Sep 11 14:00:50 ICT 2012

Dear our colleagues,

FHI 360 is a global development organization with a rigorous,
evidence-based approach. Our staff includes experts in health,
nutrition, education, economic development, civil society, environment
and research.  FHI 360 in Vietnam, also known as Family Health
International (FHI), has worked with partner organizations in Vietnam
since 1998. We currently maintain an in-country team of over 100
professionals who strive to be change agents at multiple levels - from
building local capacity to scaling-up evidence-based interventions, all
the time focusing on sustainability and strengthening the systems in
which these will be managed into the future.

Emerging global development challenges-such as climate change, food
security and livelihood development-are multi-faceted issues, and FHI
360 is uniquely positioned to address them. With expertise in the
environment, agriculture and economic development, as well as
system-wide approaches and behavior change communications, FHI 360's
expert have made significant contributions in this critical arena.

System-wide approach
In the face of obstacles at community, national and even global levels,
FHI 360 considers more than individual behavior change. Rather, our
experts have learned that it is vital to address simultaneously the
behaviors of institutions and systems themselves. In turn, it is
possible to transform societies-the only way to achieve lasting impact.
In other words, starting "small" isn't enough, so programs need to be
scaled appropriately from their inception. FHI 360's experts thus
developed a process for systemic social change called SCALE (System-wide
Collaborative Action for Livelihood and the Environment), which builds
social capital around an issue by focusing an array of stakeholders on
collective goals and on their commitments to collaborate for large-scale
success. Through SCALE, people become the drivers of their own
development process with a stronger capacity to make informed decisions
and take sustainable, collaborative action.

>From 23 to 26 September, our experts from head office are providing the
knowledge of SCALE for our staff. On the occasion, we would like
organize technical sharing meeting to discuss the SCALE approach with
our colleagues in Vietnam.

Time: 9-11.30 am , 27 September, 2012

Venue: Meeting room on 9th Floor, Ha Noi Tourist Building, 18 Ly Thuong
Kiet str, Ha Noi

If any organizations working in Livelihood and Environment areas find
the meeting interesting, please send your representatives.

For logistic arrangement, please register by reply (ONLY) this email or
call me before 18 September, 2012.

Warm regards

Nguyen Dang Nhat, MSc.  | Technical Advisor

FHI360: The Science of Improving Lives

7th floor, Hanoi Tourist Building, 18 Ly Thuong Kiet street | Hanoi,
Vietnam

Mobile: +84 (0) 989980273 | Office: +84-4-3934-8560 | Fax:
+84-4-3934-8650

nhat at fhi.org.vn | www.fhi360.org| <http://www.fhi360.org%7C/>  FHI 360
Facebook

FHI is now FHI360. Visit us at www.fhi360.org <http://www.fhi360.org/>