[Ngo Climate Change] Professional development opportunity for NGO leaders

Meredith Newmark Meredith_Newmark at mail.vresp.com
Wed Feb 27 10:31:14 ICT 2013

Good morning!

My name is Meredith Newmark, and I'm the U.S. Program Manager of
Atlas Corps, an international exchange program for nonprofit leaders.
You have been recommended to us as someone who might know some great
candidates for our overseas fellowship program that develops leaders,
strengthens organizations, and promotes innovation to address
critical social issues. Will you help us recruit candidates that may
be interested in being a part of this global endeavor?

We have engaged 155 nonprofit leaders from 49 different countries
through a year of service and training at organizations in the U.S.
and in Latin America. Here's what Atlas Corps Fellow Shamila Keyani
(Pakistan, Class 4) had to say about her experience serving at the
International Centre for Missing and Exploited Children (ICMEC):

"The fellowship assisted me in growing both professionally and
personally. During my stay in Washington DC, I gained valuable work
experience by assisting nonprofits in the USA in executing their
projects. I was not only able to strengthen my entrepreneurial skills
through intensive leadership and management trainings, but also
explore new avenues to meet critical social sector challenges."

Can you help us engage and train other amazing leaders like Shamila
by telling your friends and colleagues about Atlas Corps or posting
our call for applications on your website? We get most of our
candidates via word of mouth, either from social media or email
forwards.

1) Can you please spread the word to candidates by emailing this
announcement to nonprofit leaders and other contacts that may be
interested, or posting this announcement on your website?

Apply for a Paid, Overseas Fellowship with Atlas Corps
Priority Deadline: March 22, but applications accepted year-round

Atlas Corps seeks nonprofit leaders from around the world to apply
for Fellowships in the U.S. and Latin America. Profiled as a "best
practice" in international exchange by the Brookings Institution and
featured in the Washington Post as a model social entrepreneurship
program, Atlas Corps engages leaders committed to the nonprofit
sector in 12-18 month, professional fellowships at organizations to
learn best practices, build organizational capacity, and return home
to create a network of global leaders. Fellows serve full-time at
Host Organizations such as Ashoka, CARE, the Grameen Foundation,
Habitat for Humanity, International Centre for Missing and Exploited
Children, Susan G. Komen for the Cure, UNICEF, and the UN Foundation.
In addition, Fellows will supplement daily knowledge with theoretical
topics presented in the Atlas Corps Global Leadership Lab and
networking with leaders from around the world. This prestigious
fellowship includes a living stipend to cover basic expenses (food,
local transportation, and shared housing) and health insurance.
Applications are accepted year-round, but to be considered for the
September class, we encourage applications by March 22. For more
details about eligibility requirements and the application process,
please visit
http://cts.vresp.com/c/?AtlasServiceCorps/74c2352e7e/f1169bb7f6/3bd504f267.

2) Can you share the announcement on your Facebook, Twitter, and
LinkedIn accounts? Here's some suggested text:

FACEBOOK: Atlas Corps seeks the world's best nonprofit leaders (ages
23-35) for prestigious fellowship bit.ly/ApplyToAtlasCorps. More
info:
http://cts.vresp.com/c/?AtlasServiceCorps/74c2352e7e/f1169bb7f6/c9f336c66a.

TWITTER: Seeking the world's best rising nonprofit leaders to apply
for prestigious @atlascorps fellowship bit.ly/ApplyToAtlasCorps

LINKEDIN: Global development professionals invited to apply for
prestigious @atlascorps fellowship. Apply here:
bit.ly/ApplyToAtlasCorps. And learn more here:
http://cts.vresp.com/c/?AtlasServiceCorps/74c2352e7e/f1169bb7f6/a86e230781

By spreading the word about this opportunity, you can help develop
the next generation of global leaders. Thank you so much for your
support of Atlas Corps.

Thanks,
Meredith Newmark
U.S. Program Manager
Atlas Corps

P.S. We appreciate your support in spreading the word about Atlas
Corps! If you'd like to receive fewer emails from us, please just let
us know. Likewise, if you'd like to sign up for our monthly or
quarterly newsletter, please let us know. You can stay up to date on
our programs by following us on Facebook -
http://cts.vresp.com/c/?AtlasServiceCorps/74c2352e7e/f1169bb7f6/55945a2dd7  and Twitter -
http://cts.vresp.com/c/?AtlasServiceCorps/74c2352e7e/f1169bb7f6/b017521f6a  as well.

following link

http://cts.vresp.com/u?74c2352e7e/f1169bb7f6/mlpftw

Click below to forward this email to a friend:
http://oi.vresp.com/f2af/v4/send_to_friend.html?ch=74c2352e7e&lid=1462625139&ldh=f1169bb7f6

Atlas Service Corps sent this email free of charge using
VerticalResponse for Non-Profits. Non-Profits email free. You email
affordably.

Atlas Service Corps
1825 K Street NW Suite 218
Washington, District of Columbia 20006
US

Read the VerticalResponse marketing policy:
http://www.verticalresponse.com/content/pm_policy.html