[Ngo Climate Change] Are you working on Renewable Energy & greenhouse gas emissions reduction?

Ha Thi Quynh Nga nga.htq at care.org.vn
Mon Jun 10 15:24:58 BST 2013

Dear CCWG members,

In December 2011, the Government of Vietnam approved the National Climate Change Strategy (NCCS). NCCS clearly indicates that the development of renewable energy (RE) is one of the important tasks to reduce greenhouse gas emissions (GHG). As part of the Action Plan in 2013,  Mitigation sub-group of the Climate Change Working Group (CCWG) is organizing a consultation workshop on Renewable Energy, combined with field-trip to visit RE models in Hanoi on 25th June 2013.

The event aims at 1) Sharing and updating information on potential and current situation of renewable energy in Vietnam; 2) Discussing opportunities and challenges for CCWG and CSOs in advocating policies related to RE development in Vietnam.

In order to have a clear picture of what NGOs/CSOs are now doing on RE & GHG emissions reduction, we planned to do a quick mapping among NGOs/CSOs. So please help provide information by filling in the template attached and send it back to Ms. Nguyen Thu Trang - Communications Officer of GreenID at trang at greenidvietnam.org.vn

(Phone: 0462 697 318, Mobile: 0943 310 188). We hope to receive your responses before 17 hours, 15th June 2013.

Your information will be used to design posters & communication materials for display in the workshop (free of charge).

Thank you and we look forward to your contribution.

Best regards,

Ha Thi Quynh Nga (Ms.)

Climate Change Working Group/Disaster Management Working Group Coordinator

92 To Ngoc Van Street, Tay Ho District, Hanoi

Tel:      +84 4 37161930 (Ext: 305)

Fax:     +84 4 37161935

Mob:   +84 (0) 983573009

Email:  nga.htq at care.org.vn