[Ngo Climate Change] NGO Participation in White Top Tuesday

paul at worldclimatechangechallenge.com paul at worldclimatechangechallenge.com
Fri Jun 21 03:38:32 BST 2013

      WHITE TOP
  TUESDAY

              THE WORLD' LARGEST PROTEST
           100 MILLION PEOPLE GLOBALLY

                   www.whitetoptuesday.org

I am writing to you to invite Climate Change NGO's to join us in bringing together, what with your help, should be the largest set of protests in the history of the planet. One organization, no matter their size, cannot bring enough pressure to bear on World Leaders to invoke change. Only if we are able to get hundreds of various Climate Change Action Groups & other associations which have the best interests of future generations in mind from across the globe to unite, for a set of overwhelming protests, will we have a chance of changing the course of environmental history.

After reading this email, I look forward to your support and ideas. However it is most important that you take the time to respond with either, yes we will participate, or no we will not participate, in the White Top Tuesday Global Protests. This will allow our planning team to gauge the expected weekly strength of the White Top Tuesday protests in each country for press releases purposes.

World Leaders have proven, left to their own devices & lobby groups, they are not yet inclined to take the necessary steps needed to curb Human Induced Accelerated Climate Change. This month (June) the United Nations brought together representatives from all countries to discuss the new 2015 Global Climate Protocol. However this group was powerless to implement any new climate protocol. Hence no matter what they decided they still must get it passed by another set of representatives at UNFCCC, COP 19 in 2013, or COP 20 in 2014, or COP 21 2015, at which not one single G20 World Leader will attend. And if remarks already made by some G20 world leaders, and the veto initiated by the Russian delegation at this month's meetings, are any indication of how they will be directing their representatives to vote regards the 2015 Climate Protocol, without doubt the 2015 Global Climate Protocol will be eventually rejected, or watered down to such a state, it will be totally ineffective. All this happening without one single world leader taking the time to even attend a COP meeting for a single day.

And another 3 years of invaluable time will be lost as they gamble with our children's & grand children's future.

Some groups maybe saying, "give world leaders one last chance." My answer would be, "they have had more than their fair share of chances, and their absences from the last 5 COP meetings, together with the fact that not a single world leader is booked to attend COP19 in November, should be evidence enough that world leaders do not rate Climate Change as a subject that requires their attention."

Only by a large cross section of the peoples of the world, who care about their children's future, exerting enormous pressure on world leaders  to change their current attitude & apathy towards climate change, will the peoples of the world be able to achieve their climate change goals. And the only way to create such an enormous coercive force is via a set of global protests, of unprecedented proportions.

However, as important an issue as 'Climate Change' is, the average person is still uncomfortable about creating civil unrest, via participation in street protests.

For Climate Change Protests to succeed globally, on an unprecedented scale, they must present an opportunity for every person no matter where they live, of every age group, country, city, town, school & house on the planet to join in the protest, without getting them unnecessarily involved in acts of civil disobedience.

White Top Tuesday does not ask people to carry a placard, march in the street, or create a civil disturbance to strongly protest the inaction by governments on climate change.

To become part of largest protest in the history of the planet, people just need to make a conscious decision to wear a white top, blouse, shirt, scarf, jacket, dress, etc, every Tuesday. How hard can that be! Instead of pulling out a blue or red shirt on Tuesdays they just need to select a white one.

Some would say,  'wearing a white top on Tuesday is simply not a very strong way to protest."

However Global Warming continues unchecked because there is still a very large number of people globally, who are indifferent towards the subject. Hence it easy for world leaders to also ignore the subject, because a major proportion of their voters are seemingly unconcerned, or uninterested in climate change.

Public indifference is by far the number one enemy of action against climate change!

With a point of no return fast approaching it is no longer acceptable for people or businesses to sit on the fence, regards their stand on Climate Change.

  For the sake of the planet & the young people that will inevitably inherit it, we all must decide whether we are a supporter who will take action, or a denier who is going to sit back and do nothing.

 Because of the simplicity of involvement in White Top Tuesday there can be no real reason for everyone to delay making that decision.

The first 3 months, or first phase of the White Top Tuesday protests, Jun - Aug 2013, will be focused on getting people around the world to make one simple decision. "Am I a Climate Change supporter, or a denier?"

Once White Top Tuesday can demonstrate to world leaders that climate change action has the support of 90% of all the people (their voters) they will agree to meet and put into place a new Climate Treaty.

The simple, but very important demand of the millions of White Top Tuesday protesters globally is that the LEADERS (no representatives) of the 6 worst Green House Gas emitting countries, China, America, India, Russia, Japan & Germany urgently meet and put into place on behalf of their respective countries, a new meaningful Global Green House Gas Emissions Treaty before the next United Nations Climate Change Conference to be staged in Warsaw November 11th, 2013. At this conference all other countries must agree to, & sign the treaty.

The ball is now in the hands of Climate Action Groups & Associations globally. While divided none of us, individually, is truly a force worthy of the time & consideration of the Presidents of the six most powerful countries in the world. However if we can come together behind the White Top Tuesday Protests we will be a force worthy of their attention. A force capable of changing the course of environmental history.

Of course there are many more details to be discussed when organizing a protest the scale of White Top Tuesday. However for the sake of keeping this email concise, I have not included them within this correspondence. Should you or your organization want to know more details I am happy to talk more, via email or arrange a meeting.

I thank you for your time & consideration of this matter..

Paul Phillips
Director
World Climate Change Challenge
www.whitetoptuesday.org
paul at worldclimatechangechallenge.com
+84918025548

** I have attached a copy of the White Top Tuesday Peoples Petition for your perusal.