[Ngo Climate Change] Minutes for CCWG Mar Meeting, important docs on fisheries & aquaculure & GIZ's events on CC adaptive livelihood & rice cultivation innovations

Ha Thi Quynh Nga nga.htq at care.org.vn
Wed Mar 13 05:06:07 GMT 2013

Dear colleagues and friends,

Following up our CCWG Meeting on the March 7th, I would like to share the
minutes and all documents in the meeting :
<http://www.ngocentre.org.vn/pub/minutes-presentations-ccwg-meeting-march-20
13>
http://www.ngocentre.org.vn/pub/minutes-presentations-ccwg-meeting-march-201
3

We had a session that each thematic group in CCWG (Mitigation, Adaptation,
Awareness and Behavior Change - ABC) presented their Action Plan in 2013. If
your organization is interested in joining these sub-groups and contributing
to the action plans, please download from the link, add on and get back to
me or Chairs of each Sub-group at: ABC - Ms. Jane Stabb (
<mailto:jane.stabb at livelearn.org> jane.stabb at livelearn.org), Mitigation -
Ms. Hong Ha ( <mailto:hongha.ccrd at gmail.com> hongha.ccrd at gmail.com),
Adaptation - Mr. Thanh Toan (
<mailto:Toan.NguyenThanh at plan-international.org>
Toan.NguyenThanh at plan-international.org).  Deadline for inputs is 19 MARCH.

Another topic which many of you are interested in is the presentation about
fisheries and aquaculture by Mr. Luca Micciche from ICAFIS.  In responding
to your keenness, he asked me to share will you some important documents,
which demonstrate impacts of CC on fisheries and aquaculture and a
guidelines to integrate CCA and Mitigation options in project design. Enjoy
reading!!

1) FAO Climate Change implication for fisheries and aquaculture

 <http://www.fao.org/docrep/012/i0994e/i0994e00.htm>
http://www.fao.org/docrep/012/i0994e/i0994e00.htm

2) FAO Climate Change strategy for Fisheries and Aquaculture

<ftp://ftp.fao.org/fi/brochure/climate_change/stragegy_fi_aq_climate/2011/cl
imate_change_2011.pdf>
ftp://ftp.fao.org/fi/brochure/climate_change/stragegy_fi_aq_climate/2011/cli
mate_change_2011.pdf

3) IFAD Climate Change impacts on Fisheries and Aquaculture

 <http://www.ifad.org/lrkm/pub/fisheries.pdf>
http://www.ifad.org/lrkm/pub/fisheries.pdf

4) Guidelines for Integrating Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation
Options for Fisheries and Aquaculture into Project Design

 This report outlines the findings of a study which integrates experiences
and best practice from a review of recent literature on climate change,
fisheries and aquaculture, coupled with lessons learned,  I stilled from a
range of projects worldwide and with a special focus on the Mekong Delta in
Vietnam which is predicted to be one of the places most strongly affected by
a changing climate.
<https://www.dropbox.com/s/m0c6xklo4l2hbv0/IFAD%20Guidelines%20Climate%20Cha
nge%20Fisheries%20Aquaculture.pdf>
https://www.dropbox.com/s/m0c6xklo4l2hbv0/IFAD%20Guidelines%20Climate%20Chan
ge%20Fisheries%20Aquaculture.pdf

Also, as GIZ is in preparation to organize 2 workshops on Climate adaptive
livelihood initiatives & Climate smart rice cultivation innovations
respectively. Details can be found in files attached. Interested
organizations please contact me or Mr. Chuc Nguyen (GIZ Senior Expert for
Climate Change and Coastal Ecosystems Program (ICMP/CCCEP) at
chuc.nguyen at giz.de.

Thank you for your attention.

Best regards,

Quynh Nga