[Ngo Climate Change] FW: GREEN Mekong Training on "Grassroots Equity in Forests & Climate Change" for CSOs now open for registration

Nguyen Quang Tan tan at recoftc.org
Fri Sep 6 11:44:41 ICT 2013

fyi

Nguyen Quang Tan, Ph.D.
Vietnam Country Program Coordinator

[]

RECOFTC – The Center for People and Forests
Floor 3, No 2, Tran Huy Lieu street, Ba dinh, Ha Noi, Vietnam
Tel: +84 (0)4 3726 4745  Ext. 12

Fax: +84 (0)4 3726 4746

Email: tan at recoftc.org
Website: www.recoftc.org <http://www.recoftc.org/>

P Think Green........ think before you print!

RECOFTC - The Center for People and Forests, is pleased to inform that our newest regional level Training of Trainers (ToT) on "Improving Grassroots Equity in Forest and Climate Change" for Grassroots Facilitators is now ready for delivery. Under a joint initiative funded by USAID-GREEN Mekong Program and NORAD-Grassroots Capacity Building for REDD+ Project, we have developed the set of training materials that will be used in our first civil society (CSO) training scheduled to take place at RECOFTC Hqrs. in Bangkok, Thailand, on 14-18 October 2013.

As we are assembling the pool of grassroots facilitators that will take part in this landmark event, GREEN Mekong is now inviting up to five (5) national or local civil society/social organizations per Mekong country (i.e., Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar, Thailand and Vietnam) to send one representative to participate and benefit from our training curriculum. GREEN Mekong is able to finance all scheduled costs related to each nominee's participation in the 5-days training, including travelling, lodging and boarding.

Please find here attached and linked (http://www.recoftc.org/site/resources/Training-Course-on-Equity-for-Grassroots-Facilitators.php) the flyer announcing and presenting the training, in particular the section "Who should join" that sets the recommended criteria for registration and participation. Ideally, we expect the presence and participation of a Training Officer, Grassroots Facilitator, Adult Education Officer or any other staff directly involved in grassroots stakeholders engagement and empowerment, particularly in the contexts of forest co-management and forest-based climate change mitigation.

Given the importance of your work on People & Communities, Forests & Land and/or Climate Change/REDD+, we would appreciate if you could disseminate this opportunity to your national and local partners and networks.

We require registration to be made before 20 September 2013, as indicated in the flyer.

We are looking forward working together on this important milestone.

Yours sincerely,

Etienne DELATTRE
Chief of Party (COP)
USAID/GREEN Mekong Program
Grassroots Equity and Enhanced Networks in the Mekong

  <http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww329/loidonfaek/RECOFTC-LOGO.jpg>

RECOFTC – The Center for People and Forests
P.O. Box 1111, Kasetsart Post Office, Bangkok 10903 Thailand
Tel: +66 (0)2 940 5700 Ext. 4122
Email: etienne.delattre at recoftc.org <mailto:jim.stephenson at recoftc.org>
Skype: etiennedelattre
Website:  <http://www.recoftc.org/> www.recoftc.org