[Ngo Climate Change] Last input into: CCWG checklist on gender and CC-DRR

Coulier, Miguel Miguel.Coulier at careint.org
Thu Mar 12 04:26:56 GMT 2015

Dear S-CCWG and CCWG colleagues,

We are happy to share with you version 6 of a draft gender and CC-DRR-tool, currently being developed collaboratively by many agencies under the facilitation of CARE and GIZ. The existing draft is a result of two Climate Change Working Group sessions (in HCMC and Hanoi) and some additional work done by CARE.

The purpose of the tool is to aid implementers or project staff in the field to address gender and women's empowerment in various types of CC-DRR activities by providing them with a 'shopping list' of suggestions, questions, tips etc. It therefore aims to be comprehensive but simple and very practical.

Before we re-design the whole tool with a very interactive and user-friendly format and lay-out, we want to polish up the content, particularly focusing on 'column 3'; the tips/suggestions to practically address the GE/WE issues on the ground (beyond training and gender analysis).

Through this email, we would like to give you the opportunity to provide last input. In addition, if you have any relevant high resolution pictures we can use in the design of the tool, that will also be useful. Kindly send to this email address before 31st March.

Once the tool is finalized, we will start an endorsement process.

Thanks in advance,
Miguel Coulier
Climate Change and Disaster Risk Reduction Technical Advisor | CARE International in Vietnam.
Address: 92 To Ngoc Van Street, Tay Ho District, Ha Noi, Vietnam.
Tel: +84-437 161 933 (ext.403) | Mobile: +84 (0) 1263112145
Miguel.Coulier at careint.org<mailto:miguel at care.org.vn> | Website: http://www.care.org.au/vietnam | Skype: miguel.carevietnam |Twitter: MiguelCAREVN<https://twitter.com/MiguelCAREVN>

[CARE]
We seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live in dignity and security.
P Please consider your environment before printing emails and documents!!!
(!) Disclaimer: This e-mail and any attachment may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by returning e-mail, deleting this e-mail and destroying any copies. Any dissemination or use of this information by a person other than the intended recipient is unauthorised and may be illegal.