[wildtrade] [Animals Asia's dedicated email] One Last Push to Show the World is Watching

Phan Thuy Trinh AAFVN ptrinh at animalsasia.org
Wed Dec 19 09:29:36 GMT 2012

A message from Jill: One Last Push to Show the World is Watching
http://stoptheeviction.info/latest-news/stop-the-eviction-jill-world-watching.html

*Dear supporters and friends of Animals Asia,*
*
*

We have just been told the final report on the proposed eviction of our
Vietnam Bear Rescue Centre is now with the Prime Minister, which suggests a
decision about the future of the bears’ home is imminent.

If the report is accurate it is hard to believe he can come to any other
conclusion than it is our right to keep the bears where they are, but we
can take nothing for granted.

In our 14 years of operation, we have never seen a fight like this. To our
knowledge, no foreign NGO in Vietnam has ever faced such a battle, let
alone carried it through – and most people, especially those who know
Vietnam well, gave us little or no chance.

Now all the feedback we are receiving is one of astonishment considering
how far this has come. We could have quietly packed up and walked away but
we didn’t. In fact we realised being “quiet” was the exact opposite of what
we needed – the more noise we could make, the more people would notice.

To date, the Vietnamese Prime Minister has received petitions totaling over
60,000 names.

Thousands more letters have been sent or presented. Politicians from around
the world, some 144 international NGOs, 10 Hanoi-based Embassies. Most
touching of all, are letters and pictures from school children begging the
Prime Minister to do the right thing. Week by week we have repeatedly made
international and local headlines.

This is the very opposite of quietly walking away and has seen a rising
crescendo over the weeks until it can no longer be shut out by Vietnam’s
decision makers. Now is the time to raise our voices further - to make more
noise for the bears.

Please, if you haven’t signed the petition then sign. If you haven’t
written to the Prime Minister then write. If every single person you know
isn’t already aware of this fight for the bears’ future then I beg you to
tell them. Add their awareness. Add their voice. Add to the noise.

The battle is entering its final stages and a win is in the hands of the
Prime Minister who can still be convinced with the support of people like
you.

So please, one last push, to show that the world is watching.

*Jill Robinson, Founder, Animals Asia.*
--

Trinh Thuy. Phan M.A.
Communications Officer Vietnam

*Animals Asia's Vietnam Bear Rescue Centre faces eviction.**
**You can help by e-mailing the Prime Minister:

http://www.animalsasia.org/StopTheEviction*

--
*Animals Asia's Vietnam Bear Rescue Centre faces eviction.**
**You can help by e-mailing Vietnam's Prime Minister:

http://www.animalsasia.org/StopTheEviction**<http://www.animalsasia.org/StopTheEviction>
*