[wildtrade] [Animals Asia's dedicated email] Vietnam bear sanctuary saved

Phan Thuy Trinh AAFVN ptrinh at animalsasia.org
Sun Jan 20 15:06:45 GMT 2013

Dear friends and supporters of Animals Asia,

We would like to share with you the happiest news, and most heart warming
that Animals Asia' s bear sanctuary in Tam Dao has been saved by the Prime
Minister. It means that Vietnam Bear Rescue Centre's operation should be
maintained, and that construction on the project’s second phase should
continue.

This decision ensures that the 104 bears living at the centre that have
been rescued from the bile industry will stay, 77 local Vietnamese staff
keep their jobs, and Animals Asia who fund and operate the centre will not
suffer the financial losses of US $2 million as previously feared.

 We want to sincerely thank all of you from around the world who wrote
letters, sent e-mails and signed petitions calling for the eviction to be
stopped. The mission of saving the house of 104 bears in Vietnam would not
come to a happy ending without your support.

With deepest thanks and appreciation from Animals Asia team!

Trinh.

--

Trinh Thuy. Phan M.A.
Communications Officer Vietnam