[wildtrade] 10 tonnes of dead marine turtles nets trafficker 4 years and 6 months in prison

ENV Communication communication.env at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 17:13:34 +07 2018

 Dear Sir/Madam,

Today Nha Trang court sentenced Hoang Tuan Hai to 4 years and 6 months
in prison
for his involvement in trafficking approximately 10 metric tonnes of marine
turtles, a seizure widely believed to be the world's largest confiscation
of marine turtles to date. Today's trial was the culmination of nearly four
years of intensive efforts by ENV to bring Hai to justice.

Ms. Bui Thi Ha, Deputy Director of ENV expressed, “We are delighted with
the outcome of the trial this morning. After the disappointing sentence for
Nguyen Mau Chien,
<http://www.envietnam.org/index.php/component/content/article/14-sample-data-articles/859-rhino-horn-trafficking-kingpin-in-vietnam-sentenced-to-13-months-in-prison-1>
 the prosecution of Hoang Tuan Hai enhanced our confidence in the strict
application of law. ENV would like to express our gratitude to the efforts
dedicated to Hai’s prosecution by the law enforcement agencies of Nha Trang
city and Khanh Hoa province.”

We hope you will find the attached of interest.

Kind regards,
--

*Nguyen Thao Hien*

*Education for Nature Vietnam (ENV)**Media Campaign Officer*

​Room 1701, Block 17T5, Hoang Dao Thuy
<https://maps.google.com/?q=17T5,+Hoang+Dao+Thuy&entry=gmail&source=g> Rd.,
Cau Giay Dist., Hanoi, Vietnam
Mobile: (+84) 166 355 0464 - Tel/Fax: (84 4) 6281 5424/23
Website: www.envietnam.org -  www.thiennhien.org

Follow us on social media:

<https://www.facebook.com/EducationforNatureVietnam>
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0SMLDvU2WTumdT8XJbimzA>