Abt Associates Inc. is seeking a candidate for a full time position on its USAID-funded TASC 3 project. The USAID-funded TASC3 Avian Influenza Vietnam project aims to strengthen Vietnam’s public and private capacities to prevent, rapidly detect, and respond to avian and pandemic influenza (API) and other zoonotic threats; and to begin preparing for a possible human influenza pandemic.
The Project Officer for Animal Health Worker Capacity and Biosecurity, under the supervision of the Technical Director for Animal Health, participates in the design and implementation of project interventions related to capacity building for Animal Health Workers (AHWs) and Agricultural Extension Workers (AEWs) and Biosecurity for livestock production. Responsibilities include the following:
- Coordinate and assist in the implementation all of the project’s animal health capacity building and Biosecurity acitivities in the five target provinces, such as training, research, outreach, and promotions;
- Provide technical and operational oversight to the implementation of activities by project partners and counterparts on issues related to AHW/AEW capacity building and Biosecurity for livestock production;
- Prepare technical reports, and make presentations on project activities to donor groups, government agencies, healthcare profesionals, and community groups;
- Identify, document, and assure the delivery of best practices in poultry supply chain and biosecurity for poultry production;
- Participate with the project team in the collection and analysis of data related to AHW/AEW and Biosecurity training and model development;
- Collaborate with project staff in maintaining close contact with government authorities at the central level, such as the Department of Health and the Department of Livestock Production, as well as local authorities at the province, disitrict and commune levels.
- Bachelors Degree in Veterinary Health, Animal Health, Livestock Production, or other relevant field.
- At least 4 years of professional experience in animal disease control, epidemiology, animal disease surveillance, Animal Health Worker or Agriculture Extension Worker network improvement, or best practice livestock production.
- Considerable experience working with local government officials, AHWs/AEWs and/or farmers.
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills, initiative, and good judgement.
- Professional level oral and written English language skills.
Please submit a letter of interest and a recent Curriculum Vitae by email to the following address: [email protected] Email submission is preferred, however, documents can also be mailed or delivered to:
Attn: Application for Project Officer for Animal Health Worker Capacity and Biosecurity
72 Xuan Dieu, 2nd floor, Tay Ho District
Deadline for submission: October 16, 2009