Senior Commercial Officer B3(L)
Application closing date: 15 February 2015
The British Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City is part of a world-wide network of 230 Posts, representing British political, economic, trade and consular interests overseas. We are currently looking to recruit a Senior Commercial Officer – Grade B3(L) to join the UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) team in Ho Chi Minh City.
The jobholder will develop trade & investment between the UK and Vietnam by working closely with companies in both countries. H/she will be mainly responsible for specific priority business sectors and will contribute to the development and promotion of policies aimed at improving Vietnam’s business environment. H/she will also be liaising with HCMC and local government authorities.
- Act as UKTI’s expert on Vietnam’s healthcare sector, in partnership with counterpart in Hanoi. Develop and deliver a long-term campaign approach in supporting UK companies to identify and develop sector opportunities in achieving Business Wins for the UK. Establish and maintain strategic relationships with decision-makers and multipliers in the UK and Vietnam
- Support the delivery of business services (OMIS) in other business sectors (to be determined) and also support the British Business Group Vietnam in achieving its objectives.
- Support the Head of Section in the development and delivery of High Value Opportunites campaigns, including the healthcare sector, through researching and launching initiatives, organising events and leading on projects.
- Contribute to the successful delivery of high level visits in Vietnam and the UK, leading on events where requested and supporting team members in pursuing overall UKTI objectives.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Vietnamese
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relations with external stakeholders, especially businesses
- Able to work productively with minimal supervision
- Strong organisational skills and good interpersonal skills
- Project management experience
- Experience working in a business environment
- Representational experience
- Seeing the Big Picture
- Managing a Quality Service
- Collaborating & Partnering
- Achieving Commercial Outcomes
- Delivering at Pace
- Making Effective Decisions
The annual salary for this position starts at US$ 14,837.
The British Consulate-General offers a competitive remuneration package including salary, leave entitlement, flexible working hours, medical package for staff and dependants, and opportunities for training as well.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and the completed application form, which can be downloaded from our website https://www.gov.uk/government/world/organisations/british-embassy-hanoi/...  to [email protected] 
All applications must be received on or before 15 February 2015.
We regret to advise that we will only be contacting shortlisted candidates.
Employment offers are subject to successful clearance of pre-employment checks.
Staff recruited locally by the British Consulate-General Ho Chi Minh City are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law.
The British Consulate-General is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.