[corporate-engagement-wg] Disaster Preparedness Forum, AMNEP Forum & links, links and more links!

Gareth Durrant gareth.d at mariestopes.org.vn
Mon Jun 8 05:17:38 BST 2015

Hi CEWGers

1.       Disaster Preparedness Forum

I just spoke with Helen Roeth at CSR ASIA, they have offered our working
group a stall/table at the upcoming Disaster Preparedness Forum on Thursday,
2 July 2015 in Hanoi. This is not only the first time they have held this
event in Viet Nam but it is also the first time they have invited NGOs to
showcase their work.

Essentially I am looking for 2-3 working group members who have current
projects in disaster preparedness involving cross-sector partnerships. If
your organization doesn't have any projects in this area, but know of local
or other organizations who do, please feel free to forward this message on.

I will be definitely be attending on the day to promote our working group.
I'd also like to gauge interest in producing a  pull-out banner for the
group to use at this and future events

1.       How did the AMNEP Forum on 'Inclusive Business: Women in
agricultural value chains' go? Does anyone want to send an update?

2.       I thought I would also take this opportunity to share additional
resources and links that have come up either during our last meeting or
afterwards. Enjoy!

*VIDEO A brief video called 'Inclusive Business marries profitability and
development ' from Miguel at SNV

http://youtu.be/9Cnls9KhQ_4

*VIDEO 'ISO and social responsibility'

https://youtu.be/jRajp8s9beI

*DOC Kenan presentation provided by PACCOM

http://www.ngocentre.org.vn/webfm_send/8621

*DOC Discovering ISO 26000

http://www.iso.org/iso/discovering_iso_26000.pdf

*WEBSITE UN Global Compact's ten principles

https://www.unglobalcompact.org/abouttheGC/thetenprinciples/index.html

*DOC A renewed EU strategy 2011-14 for Corporate Social Responsibility

http://ec.europa.eu/enterprise/policies/sustainable-business/files/csr/new-c
sr/act_en.pdf

*DOC United Nations Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights

http://www.ohchr.org/Documents/Publications/GuidingPrinciplesBusinessHR_EN.p
df

*DOC Principles concerning Multinational Enterprises on Social Policy (ILO)

http://www.ilo.org/wcmsp5/groups/public/---ed_emp/---emp_ent/---multi/docume
nts/publication/wcms_094386.pdf

*DOC  <http://www.oecd.org/corporate/mne/> OECD Guidelines for Multinational
Enterprises

http://www.oecd.org/daf/inv/mne/48004323.pdf

*INFO SDG 16 "Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable
development, provide access to justice for all and build effective,
accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels"

http://www.theguardian.com/global-development/ng-interactive/2015/jan/19/sus
tainable-development-goals-changing-world-17-steps-interactive

*INFO ASEAN CSR Network

http://www.asean-csr-network.org/c/

Have a great week.

Gareth Durrant- Business Development Advisor
Marie Stopes International in Vietnam

Apartments 201-205| A1 Building| Van Phuc Diplomatic Compound

No. 298 Kim Ma Street| Ba Dinh District| Hanoi| Vietnam

Email  <mailto:gareth.d at mariestopes.org.vn> gareth.d at mariestopes.org.vn|

Tel +84(4) 3722 5471-Ext 241| Mob +84 1235044490

Web  <http://www.mariestopes.org.vn/> www.mariestopes.org.vn   Call Centre:
1900 55 88 82

Providing choices in reproductive healthcare

Social Franchise Network:

 <http://www.bluestar.org.vn/> www.bluestar.org.vn

 <http://www.tinhchiem.vn/> www.tinhchiem.vn