[Ngo Climate Change] Materials from Lauching of Cooperartion Plan 2013 and WS on Climate Finance in Vietnam - June 11, 2013

Pham Thi Bich Ngoc ngocptb at srd.org.vn
Thu Jun 13 12:15:25 BST 2013

Dear all,

On Tuesday, June 11th 2013, the Centre of Sustainable Rural Development
(SRD) as the chair of Steering Committee of the Vietnam NGO and Climate
Change network (VNGO & CC), in collaboration with the Department of
Hydro-meteorology and Climate Change (DHMCC) under MoNRE and the Climate
Change Working Group (CCWG), represented through CARE and OXFAM, faciliated
the Launching of Cooperation Plan 2013 & Workshop on Climate Finance in Viet
Nam.

On behalf of the organizing agencies, SRD would like take this opportunity
to thank all attendees for their interest and valuable contribution.  We
were excited and very pleased that our workshop attracted the interest of
more than 100 participants from a wide range of backgrounds. The engaged
participation of so many highly qualified professionals with distinguished
expertise enabled the conception and discussion of many innovative ideas and
projects.

One of the major take-home messages from the workshop was the need for a
more effective collaboration between government agencies from central to
local level and NGOs, and we accordingly hope that many more fruitful
discussions and collaborative brain-storming sessions will follow this very
successful event. Climate Finance is among the key themes being discussed in
climate change forums around the globe, and it is essential that the
Vietnamese government will join forces with NGOs to make the most of
available opportunities.

SRD is pleased to share with you the list of workshop attendees, and would
also like to provide you with the materials from the presentations and other
relevant background information. Please find this information attached and
the below links:

Link to materials from the presentations and other relevant background
information

http://vngo-cc.vn/tai-lieu-hoi-thao-tai-chinh-cho-bien-doi-khi-hau-ngay-1106
2013

Links to relevant media coverage are below websites:

http://www.monre.gov.vn/v35/default.aspx?tabid=428
<http://www.monre.gov.vn/v35/default.aspx?tabid=428&CateID=3&ID=127647&Code=
6CPK127647> &CateID=3&ID=127647&Code=6CPK127647

http://www.ven.vn/tai-chinh-cho-bien-doi-khi-hau-tai-viet-nam_t77c545n36675t
n.aspx

Meeting minutes will be circulated shortly and please do not hesitate to
contact us if you have any further questions or concerns.

Kind regards and Best wishes,

----

Pham Thi Bich Ngoc (Mrs) I Climate Change Manager

Center for Sustainable Rural Development (SRD)

(: (84-4) 39 43 66 78  ext: 401  (Office) I 84 (0) 987 325 148 / 904 123 516
(Mobile)

7 : (84-4) 39 43 64 49
*: No 56, Lane 19/15 Kim Dong street, Hoang Mai district, Hanoi
: : www.srd.org.vn <http://www.srd.org.vn/>