[Ngo Climate Change] Disaster Preparedness Survey: for Disaster Resilience Leadership Academy

Sisira Kumara tsu at adpc.net
Fri Jun 14 03:39:17 BST 2013

Asian Disaster Preparedness Center

Disaster Preparedness Survey

Dear ADPC colleagues and partners,

As you may be aware, currently a  small grants program for applied research in
Disaster Preparedness and Resilience is administered and implemented
through Response 2 Resilience (R2R) and its collaborative partners, the American
Red Cross and the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent’s
(RC/RC) Global Disaster Preparedness Center (GDPC).

The purpose of the Small Grant Program is to advance knowledge in disaster
preparedness to support effective disaster response and recovery.  As a first
step in this process, we have developed a brief online survey in order to help
guide us with identifying research priorities in areas of interest to both
practitioners and academicians. We hope to be able to expand the funding
available for the program (this is currently a pilot) and therefore encourage
wide participation from as large a variety of individuals to participate in the
online survey in order to show interest and help us identify research priorities
to advance both knowledge and practice in applied areas of Disaster preparedness
and Resilience. Your support and leadership in identifying key research themes
will build important collaborations to tackle pressing issues.  I hope that you
and your institution would be willing to fill out our survey.  I also hope that
you would be willing to forward the survey to as many interested stakeholders in
disaster preparedness within your network (government, NGO, UN, private sector,
etc.)

The following survey will take approximately 15 minutes of your time. The survey
tool may be accessed at:

[1]http://tulane.us2.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_bfJdzhLE9lgWwrX

We are hoping to complete the survey by June 21^st, 2013. If you should have any
questions or concerns regarding this survey or its contents, please do not
hesitate to contact Ms. M.T. Gago or Mr. Eric Corzine from Response 2 Resilience
via email at [2]gagomt at response2resilience.org or
[3]ecorzine at response2resilience.org.

If you have responded to this survey already you do not need to send it again.

Many thanks as your time and assistance is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely yours,

Sisira Kumara

Head of Training Services Department

Asian Disaster Preparedness Center

[4]www.adpc.net

Local Phone: (+66) 2298-0681-92
Fax: (+66) 2298-0012

References

1. http://tulane.us2.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_bfJdzhLE9lgWwrX
2. mailto:gagomt at response2resilience.org
3. mailto:ecorzine at response2resilience.org
4. http://www.adpc.net/

This message was sent to ngoclimatechange at ngocentre.org.vn from:
Asian Disaster Preparedness Center | Phaholyothin
SM Tower | Phayathai, Bangkok 10400, Thailand

Unsubscribe:
http://app.icontact.com/icp/mmail-mprofile.pl?r=32591456&l=9573&s=1F9Z&m=202985&c=1164061