[Ngo-lwg] Senior Technical Advisor VNMAC

Jonathon Richard Guthrie jonathong at npaid.org
Tue Feb 28 16:24:29 ICT 2017

Dear All,
It is with great pleasure to announce that NPA signed its MOU with the VNMAC on "Coordination and Provisions for Senior Technical Advisor" last week on the 23rd of February. As such, I will commence working out of the VNMAC office to support their development towards a functional Mine Action Centre as of Wednesday the 1st of March. One of my many roles as advisor to the Deputy Director General is to link VNMAC with the international stakeholders, so those of you that work with VNMAC will be seeing more of me in meetings you hold with the VNMAC, and those wishing to engage more with VNMAC, feel free to drop me a line. My contact details remain the same.

It is my goal to develop greater coordination between the national program 504 and the INGO communities activities. To achieve this, I will be implementing regular coordination meetings in the future, similar to when I was the chair of the LWG, and to that implemented in Quang Tri Province. I look forward to your support in this initiative further in to 2017 and beyond.

Lastly I would like to thank the LWG for their support over the years, especially during my time as the chair of the group. You have a fantastic mechanism to share a common voice and to act as one within the Vietnam mine action sector and I encourage the group to continue to do so. I will of course remain a member of the group, but you may see less of me as I work toward achieving my aims under my new role.

Regards

Jonathon (Gus) Guthrie
Senior Technical Advisor - VNMAC

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D04155.861E9080]